Mercy Mental Health is excited to offer this program to experienced Registered Nurses to take the next step in their career and train as a specialised Mental Health Clinician.
The Mental Health Transition Program offers experienced registered nurses an excellent opportunity to develop as a skilled mental health nurse in an acute adult mental health unit. The program offers educational opportunities to Registered Nurses as they consolidate their theoretical and clinical skills. This is a structured program with a comprehensive orientation, paid professional development days, a strong clinical supervision component and competency-based skill development requirements. The program is supported by the Mercy Mental Health education team.
- Part-time 0.8EFT – on successful completion of the Transition Program, ongoing employment will be offered subject to availability
- Located at the Adult Acute Mental health Unit, Clare Moore Building, Werribee Mercy Hospital.
- program offers credit points towards a Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing
Mercy Mental Health has two acute adult mental health units:
- Clare Moore Building (54-bed facility located at Werribee Mercy Hospital)
- Ursula Frayne Centre (16-bed facility located at Footscray Hospital – Western Health)
The acute adult mental health units are staffed by a multidisciplinary team and follow a primary nursing model of care. The units have a strong focus on recovery orientated practice. Staff work collaboratively with consumers, families, carers and other key people to ensure the consumer receives the best possible care.
- current AHPRA Registration
- minimum 12 months’ experience working as a Registered Nurse
- current Working with Children’s Check
- current Police Record Check.
- rotating weekly roster which includes morning, evening and night shift
- 32 hours per week
How to apply
Mercy Mental Health job positions are advertised online, We are transitioning to a new job posting site – please refer to the Mercy Health Careers website for vacancies in the meantime.
Job positions are also advertised on Seek.
Affiliated education institution
University of Melbourne
Last reviewed June 5, 2019.