Mercy Health offers a Graduate Midwifery Program at Werribee Mercy Hospital and Mercy Hospital for Women (Heidelberg). This program is designed to support double degree Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Midwifery and Postgraduate Diploma of Midwifery graduates.
Graduate nurses and midwives are an integral part of Mercy Health’s commitment to develop our future nursing workforce. We welcome graduates to join our team to provide compassionate and responsive care to people in need.
Our Graduate Nurse and Midwifery Programs are designed to support graduates making the transition from study to registered nursing or midwifery.
The program aims to promote educational opportunities to graduates as they consolidate their theoretical and clinical skills. This is a structured program with a comprehensive orientation, paid professional development days, and debriefing sessions which are supported by the learning team, resource nurses, midwives and clinical educators.
On successful completion of the program, graduates will be presented with a Certificate of Completion.
All graduates are contracted to work 64 hours (0.8 equivalent full time) fixed term contract within the Women’s and Children’s Services which will commence in January-February 2020.
Five weeks of paid annual leave will be taken throughout the graduate year in accordance with, the Nurses & Midwives Enterprise Agreement 2016-2020.
Rotations offered may include:
|Mercy Hospital for Women:||Werribee Mercy Hospital:|
|Birthing services||Birthing services|
|Special Care Nursery||Special Care Nursery|
|Emergency Department||General Medical/ Surgical|
Graduate support and development
- Hospital and program orientation
- Supernumerary time at commencement of each rotation
- Clinical support is provided by the learning team and preceptors in the clinical areas.
- Paid study days.
How to apply
Applicants must register with the Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria Computer Matching Service and rank Mercy Health in their preferences. For further information visit: pmcv.com.au
Post Graduate Diploma of Midwifery ONLY: applicants must apply directly to Mercy Health.
Applications will open on 13 July 2020 and will close on 05 August 2020. Applicants will be required to apply here, and upload the following supporting documents:
- a letter of application stating preferred hospital location, areas of clinical interest, preferred rotations, rationale for choice and future career plans
- two page curriculum vitae, relevant experience and clinical rotations
- three referees (a minimum of two clinical) including their professional title, place of work, email and phone contact details
- certified copy of academic transcripts to date, including ‘key to results’
- two recent and certified acute clinical appraisals
Please note: Successful applicants are required to provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Last reviewed July 4, 2019.