Mercy Health offers a 52-week combined Graduate Nursing and Midwifery Program at Werribee Mercy Hospital and Mercy Hospital for Women in Heidelberg.
Graduate nurses and midwives are an integral part of Mercy Health’s commitment to developing our future nursing workforce. We welcome graduates to join our team to provide compassionate and responsive care to people in need.
Our Graduate Nurse and Midwifery Programs are designed to support graduates making the transition from study to registered nurse or midwife, within a supportive and welcoming environment.
The program aims to promote educational opportunities to graduates as they consolidate their theoretical and clinical skills. This is a structured program with a comprehensive orientation, paid professional development days, and debriefing sessions, which are supported by the learning team, resource nurses, midwives and clinical educators.
On successful completion of the program, graduates will be presented with a certificate of completion.
All graduates are contracted to work 64 hours a fortnight (0.8 full time equivalent) for a 52 week program commencing in January or February 2023
Five weeks of paid annual leave will be taken throughout the graduate year, as per the Nurses and Midwives Enterprise Agreement.
Rotations offered may include:
|Mercy Hospital for Women:||Werribee Mercy Hospital:|
|Birthing services||Birthing services|
|Special Care Nursery||Special Care Nursery|
|Emergency Department||General Medical/Surgical|
Graduate support and development
- Hospital and program orientation
- Supernumerary time at commencement of each rotation
- Clinical support is provided by the learning team and preceptors in the clinical areas
- Paid study days
How to apply
Applicants must register with the Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria Computer Matching Service and rank Mercy Health in their preferences. For further information visit: pmcv.com.au
Applications will open on 6 June 2022 and close on 8 July 2022. Applicants will be required to apply via the Mercy Health careers website and upload supporting documents. Documents that will be required will include;
- Letter of application addressing the key selection criteria in 600 words or less (outlined on the career website)
- Two page curriculum vitae outlining relevant experience and clinical rotations
- Two Clinical referees including their professional title, place of work and both email and phone contact details
- Certified copy of academic transcripts to date (including ‘key to results’)
- Two recent summative clinical appraisals (must be certified)
- If you wish to apply for more than one graduate program then you will need to submit a separate application to each individual advert.
- Successful applicants are required to provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Last reviewed September 14, 2017.