You have a right to receive appropriate communication about your health and care in a way you understand. If you have any difficulties communicating in English, you have a right to request a professional interpreter.
How to contact us from home via a telephone interpreter:
If you have any English language difficulties and would like to contact us, you can use a translating and interpreter service (TIS). Please follow these five steps:
- Phone the translating and interpreter service on 131 450.
- You will be connected to an operator who speaks English. Say the language you need.
- Stay on line while the operator finds an available interpreter for you.
- The operator will connect you with an interpreter in your language. You will be asked to provide:
- your name
- the phone number of the Mercy Health service you want to contact
- the name of the person you want to speak to, if you know it.
- Stay on the line while the operator connects you and the interpreter to the required Mercy Health service.
See https://www.tisnational.gov.au/ for more information.