Mercy Health offers a 52-week Graduate Nursing Palliative Care Program at Werribee Mercy Hospital.
This is a rewarding opportunity for graduate nurses who wish to gain knowledge and build confidence in this specialty area. Graduate nurses will be able to gain skills in providing holistic care; assessing and managing pain and other symptoms; and communicating with patients, families and multidisciplinary teams.
The program aims to promote educational opportunities to graduates as they consolidate their theoretical and clinical skills. This is a structured program with a comprehensive focus on the fundamentals of palliative care.
On successful completion of the program, graduates will be presented with a certificate of completion.
All graduates are contracted to work 64 hours (0.8 equivalent full time) a fortnight for a fixed term of 52 weeks.
Five weeks of paid annual leave will be taken throughout the graduate year, as per the Nurses and Midwives Enterprise Agreement.
Rotations will include:
- Palliative care (based at Werribee Mercy Hospital) – six months
- Palliative care (in the community) – six months
How to apply
Applicants must register with the Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria Computer Matching Service and rank Mercy Health in their preferences. For further information visit: pmcv.com.au
Applications will open on 7 June 2021 and close on 9 July 2021. Applicants will be required to apply via the Mercy Health careers website and upload supporting documents. Documents that will be required will include;
- Letter of application addressing the key selection criteria in 600 words or less (outlined on the career website)
- Two page curriculum vitae outlining relevant experience and clinical rotations
- Two Clinical referees including their professional title, place of work and both email and phone contact details
- Certified copy of academic transcripts to date (including ‘key to results’)
- Two recent summative clinical appraisals (must be certified)
If you wish to apply for more than one graduate program then you will need to submit a separate application to each individual advert.
Please note: successful applicants are required to provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Last reviewed May 21, 2019.