Your pregnancy care
During your pregnancy care, your antenatal clinic team will refer you to the following services when needed:
- early pregnancy assessment clinic
- genetic service
- gestational diabetes education/support
- fetal monitoring
- pregnancy day stay
- social work
- perinatal mental health
It is important not to wait until your next appointment if you:
- are concerned about your baby’s movements (see the download)
- have any vaginal bleeding
- break your waters
- think you are in labour
- become unwell or experience new symptoms that you are worried about.
Preparing for your baby
The arrival of your new born, especially your first born, is life changing in a way that can be difficult to prepare for. We suggest you consider our childbirth and parent education classes to help you anticipate what you may need from a practical perspective, as well as considering the range of emotional changes that may occur for you and your family.
Last reviewed August 10, 2018.