Interpreters and translators support you to ensure you can understand communication about your care.
At Werribee Mercy Hospital, you have a right to receive appropriate communication about your care in a way you understand. If you have any difficulties communicating in English, you can ask our staff to organise a professional interpreter.
Alternatively, you can contact our interpreting services directly at:
How to contact us with an interpreter via phone:
If you have any difficulties with English and you would like to contact us on the phone (either for health advice, to confirm information, or to arrange an in-person interpreter for your visit to hospital) you can use the Translating and Interpreter Service (TIS).
With the translating and interpreter service, you will be connected on the phone with someone who speaks your language, so that they can help you to communicate with Mercy Health staff.
Please follow these five steps:
- Phone the translating and interpreter service on 131 450.
- You will be connected to an operator who speaks English. Say the language you need.
- Stay on line while the operator finds an available interpreter for you.
- The operator will connect you with an interpreter in your language. You will be asked to provide:
- your name
- the phone number of the Mercy Health service you want to contact
- the name of the person you want to speak to, if you know it.
- Stay on the line while the operator connects you and the interpreter to the required Mercy Health service.
Throughout your experience with interpreting services, you may be supported by:
- interpreter bookings coordinator.
Werribee Mercy Hospital
300 Princes Highway
Werribee Victoria 3030
Donate to the Mercy Health Foundation
The Mercy Health Foundation supports programs to improve the health and wellbeing of those in need. Your donation makes a difference in hospitals, nurseries, aged care homes, and the general community.
We value feedback from the people we care for, including from your families, friends, carers, and our broader community. Find out how to register a concern, complaint or compliment, or make a suggestion for improvement at Mercy Health.