Pharmacies provide a range of medication management services, including:
- clinical pharmacy services for inpatients at Mercy Hospital for Women and Werribee Mercy Hospital, including matching medications to prescriptions and patient counselling
- supplying prescribed medications to patients at Mercy Hospital for Women and Werribee Mercy Hospital
- purchasing, storage and supply of medications
- auditing, reviewing and developing guidelines to ensure quality use of medications
- an on-call pharmacist available outside of normal business hours for any urgent queries.
Medicines and Poisons Regulation
Victorian Pharmacy Authority
- Website: pharmacy.vic.gov.au
Pharmacy Board of Australia registrations
- Website: www.pharmacyboard.gov.au
Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia
- Website: www.shpa.org.au
Last reviewed February 10, 2020.