Mercy Hospital for Women and Werribee Mercy Hospital both have pharmacies that provide medication and fill prescriptions for patients.
Pharmacies provide a range of medication management services, including:
- clinical pharmacy services for inpatients at Mercy Hospital for Women and Werribee Mercy Hospital, including matching medications to prescriptions and patient counselling
- supplying prescribed medications to patients at Mercy Hospital for Women and Werribee Mercy Hospital
- purchasing, storage and supply of medications
- auditing, reviewing and developing guidelines to ensure quality use of medications
- an on-call pharmacist available outside of normal business hours for any urgent queries.