The Werribee Mercy Hospital paediatric admission criteria includes:
- general paediatric medical patients
- osteomyelitis (but not septic arthritis)
- poor weight gain
- ex Special Care Nursery infants with jaundice, feeding issues
- current ear, nose, throat (ENT) inpatients
- limited emergency surgery over 12years of age
Werribee Mercy Hospital does not have the capability to admit paediatric patients with the following conditions:
- critically unwell children as we do not have a paediatric intensive care unit (ICU)
- surgical patients, other than existing admissions
- head injuries
- fractured femurs
- diabetic patients
- metabolic patients
- oncological patients
- eating disorders
- mental health issues
- those under or requiring other sub-specialties
Correct as at 03/02/2020. Updated quarterly.
Contact us if you have any questions about accurate information and up to date listings.
Primary Care Liaison Team
- Email address: email@example.com
The team is available on a part time basis to assist general practice with navigating hospital services and accessing GP education and credentialing. Email and voicemail messages will be responded to during business hours.
- Website: Emergency Department
- Address: 300 Princes Highway
Werribee Victoria 3030
The Werribee Mercy Hospital Emergency Department provides urgent assessment and treatment for people of all ages, and for all conditions.
For non-urgent conditions, there are general practitioners (GPs) located near the hospital who are available until late in the evening.
If you are unsure about your condition, or you are concerned about a family member, come to the Emergency Department.
Last reviewed March 9, 2020.