The Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Clinic is a St Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne clinic operating at the Werribee Mercy Hospital campus. This clinic runs three days a week alongside gastrointestinal services which deliver tailored care for IBD patients living in the west.
With three IBD consultants and two clinical nurse consultants, the clinic is located in Werribee Mercy Hospital’s Outpatients building. The collaboration between St Vincent’s Hospital and Werribee Mercy Hospital provides patients with optimal healthcare in a convenient location. Doctor’s notes are available on a shared system enabling timely access to information if patients present to the Emergency Department at either facility. In addition, patients in our care have full access to the Allied Health Services offered at St Vincent’s Fitzroy campus including but not limited to dieticians, mental health, stomal care nurses, and the St Vincent’s IBD Pregnancy Service.
Our Gastroenterologists, Dr Emily Wright, Dr Nik Ding and Dr Julien Schulberg consult in Clinic on alternating Thursday afternoons and Friday mornings. All have a special interest in IBD providing patients access to research based best practice.
Our Clinical Nurse Consultants (CNC’s), Selena and Alannah, work on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. They manage referrals, the Helpline (phone and email), and co-ordinate patient care ensuring compliance with Medicare guidelines. In-particular, patients on Biologic therapy (anti-TNF therapy) are offered education, and enrolment in PBS programs.
If patients call in unwell, we will assess, initiate pathology, and communicate with the medical team directly at St Vincent’s Hospital. We will refer patients to the Emergency Department if required. If admitted to St Vincent’s Fitzroy, the IBD nurses will endeavour to visit our patients on the ward as a courtesy.
- Patients must have a confirmed diagnosis of either Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s Disease or IBD-Unspecified.
- Please forward Letter of Referral with most recent pathology results (3 months) and imaging results (scopes/other) to facilitate prompt assessment and management
- Referrals are to be send via HealthLink SmartForms, or alternatively faxed to Werribee Mercy Hospital addressed to the ‘St Vincent’s – Werribee Mercy Hospital – IBD Clinic’ via fax number 8754 6710
- See our Refer a Patient website for more information
- Consult HealthPathways for further details
Contact details for your patients:
Helpline phone: 8754 3116
Bookings contact: 8754 6700
Last reviewed November 21, 2023.