Rapid Access Colonoscopy Clinic
In order for us to be able to accept your patient for review and treatment, referring GP’s/Medical Specialists are required to provide the following detail in your referral.
- Full name
- Address and phone numbers
- Date of birth
- Indigenous status
- Referring GP details
- Health insurance details
- Preferred language and interpreter requirements
- Medicare number
- Mobility needs
- National Bowel Cancer Screening number
- Name, address and contact information
- Provider number
- Date of referral
- Clinic name – Surgical Clinic
- Name of speciality to whom the patient is being referred – as per below (for MBS billed clinics)
- Presenting problem and duration of symptoms
- GP diagnosis or provisional diagnosis, if known
- Relevant medical history
- Relevant social history or special needs
- Current medications
- Pathology and other investigation reports
- Allergies or warnings
- Physical examination results
- List of medication
- Past surgery
- Management to date and response to treatment
Please populate the required information on the referral form, addressing it to Dr Shaukat Esufali, Rapid Access Colonoscopy Clinic. Fax to the outpatient department on 03 8754 6710.
Only referrals for a positive faecal occult blood test are accepted in this clinic.
Referrals for routine surveillance are not accepted in this clinic.
Essential referral content will be checked. You will be contacted if further information is required.
The referral will be triaged by the specialist areas according to clinical urgency.
This determines how long the patient will have to wait for an appointment.
Patients are scheduled to be seen within fourteen working days.
Both the referrer and patient are notified.
Immediate assessment criteria
All referrals are treated as URGENT.
Immediate assessment or admission criteria (not an exhaustive list)
Step 1: Check criteria for immediate assessment or admission
- Heavy PR bleeding
- Acute Melena
- Hemodynamically compromised
- Contact the Emergency Department Admitting Officer (AO) via the switchboard: 03 8754 3000.
Follow up your phone call by faxing a referral to the emergency department including all relevant investigations to the number the AO provides.
Referral contact details
Werribee Mercy Hospital
300 Princes Highway
Werribee Vic 3030
Phone 03 8754 6700
Fax: 03 8454 6710
Clinics and services
Use these guidelines to refer patients for the following clinics and services:
Donate to the Mercy Health Foundation
The Mercy Health Foundation supports programs to improve the health and wellbeing of those in need. Your donation makes a difference in hospitals, nurseries, aged care homes, and the general community.
We value feedback from the people we care for, including from your families, friends, carers, and our broader community. Find out how to register a concern, complaint or compliment, or make a suggestion for improvement at Mercy Health.