Mercy Mental Health offers a 52-week Mental Health Post Graduate Nursing Program.
Mental health post graduate nurses are an integral part of Mercy Mental Health’s commitment to developing our future mental health workforce.
We welcome post graduate nurses to join our team in providing compassionate and responsive care to individuals experiencing mental illness.
Our post graduate mental health nurse program is designed to support post graduate nurses in making their transition to an independent registered mental health clinician within a supportive and welcoming environment.
This program offers registered nurses the required clinical mental health experience, while they complete their post graduate diploma in mental health nursing at an affiliated university. Please note: The Mercy Mental Health Program does not
This is a structured program with a comprehensive orientation, paid professional development days, debriefing and supervision sessions, which are supported by the Mercy Mental Health Education team.
Post Graduate Nurses are contracted to work 0.8 for 52 weeks commencing in January–February 2023.
The program offers two structured rotations for Mental Health post graduate nurses which may include:
- Mental Health Inpatient Units- Footscray and Werribee
- Community Care Units
- Enhanced Community Mental Health Teams- Footscray and Werribee
- Mother and Baby Inpatient Unit
- Registered nurse
- Hold a current working with children’s check
- Must produce a valid police check if successful
- Registered with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (AHPRA), with current eligibility to practice
- Completed a graduate mental health nursing program or a minimum of 12 months nursing experience.
- Successful applicants must be enrolled in a post graduate diploma with an affiliated university
- Please note Mercy Mental Health does not subsidise university fees.
Shift expectations: This is a one-year program and participants work on a rotating roster with a minimum 32 hours a week.
How to apply
Last reviewed June 7, 2019.