Mercy Health offers clinical placement for students studying the Graduate Diploma of Midwifery. Positions are available at Mercy Hospital for Women and Werribee Mercy Hospital.
Mercy Health offers clinical placements for students studying the Graduate Diploma of Midwifery. Positions are available at Mercy Hospital for Women and Werribee Mercy Hospital. Mercy Health works collaboratively with your chosen university to ensure the best possible learning opportunities during the Graduate Diploma of Midwifery.
Places are subject to acceptance by Mercy Health and one of the following affiliated universities:
- Deakin University (WMH)
- La Trobe University (MHW or WMH)
Graduate Diploma of Midwifery students are an integral part of Mercy Health’s commitment to developing our future midwifery workforce. We welcome midwifery students to join our team in providing compassionate and responsive care to people in need. The clinical placement component of the Graduate Diploma of Midwifery is designed to facilitate learning within a supportive and welcoming environment. Clinical placement provides opportunities for student midwives to develop their clinical skills while meeting the requirements for registration as a midwife.
- placement commences in February 2022
- 12-month program La Trobe University
- 18-month program Deakin University
- three shifts per week, unpaid
- rostered across all shifts, seven days a week
- students will work in a supernumerary capacity in all clinical areas
- shifts occur around university time requirements for lectures and exams
- comprehensive hospital and program orientation
- daily clinical support, guidance and mentoring provided by expert clinical support midwives and clinical support nurses
- please contact your chosen university regarding the theoretical component as the structure varies between universities
- all assignments and exams are set by the university
- allocated as per requirements set by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and the relevant university
|Tuesday 27 July 2021||4:00 – 5:30pm||Zoom (meeting link sent after registration)|
How to apply
Applications open on 15 July 2021 and close on 30 September 2021.
Interviews will be held in October 2021.
Prior to applying, applicants should ensure:
- Current registration as a registered nurse with AHPRA
- University entrance requirements for the Graduate Diploma of Midwifery are met
- Apply for enrolment in the Graduate Diploma of Midwifery at La Trobe University or Deakin University
Applicants may apply via the Mercy Health careers website along with the supporting documents listed below:
- Letter of application which details a clear rationale for applying to MHW or WMH, the Graduate Diploma of Midwifery and your chosen university
- Curriculum vitae, including two professional referees
Please note that successful applicants are required to provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Affiliated education institution
La Trobe University
Clinical Placement Coordinator - Mercy Hospital for Women and Werribee Mercy Hospital
Last reviewed April 8, 2018.