Mercy Health offers clinical placement for students studying the Graduate Diploma of Midwifery. Positions are available at Mercy Hospital for Women and Werribee Mercy Hospital.
Mercy Health offers clinical placement for students studying the Graduate Diploma of Midwifery. Positions are available at Mercy Hospital for Women and Werribee Mercy Hospital. Mercy Health works collaboratively with your chosen university to ensure the best possible learning opportunities during the Graduate Diploma of Midwifery.
Places are subject to acceptance by Mercy Health and one of the following affiliated universities:
• La Trobe University
• Deakin University
Graduate Diploma of Midwifery students are an integral part of Mercy Health’s commitment to developing our future midwifery workforce. We welcome midwifery students to join our team in providing compassionate and responsive care to people in need. The clinical placement component of the Graduate Diploma of Midwifery is designed to facilitate learning within a supportive and welcoming environment. Clinical placement provides opportunities for student midwives to develop their clinical skills whilst meeting the requirements for registration as a midwife.
- placement commences in February 2021 for a period of 12 to 18 months (university dependent)
- three shifts per week, unpaid
- rostered across all shifts, seven days a week
- students will work in a supernumerary capacity in all clinical areas
- shifts occur around university time requirements for lectures and exams
- comprehensive hospital and program orientation
- unit-specific orientation
- daily clinical support, guidance and mentoring provided by expert clinical support midwives and nurses.
- please contact your chosen university regarding the theoretical component as the structure varies between universities
- all assignments and exams are set by the university
- allocated as per requirements set by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and the relevant university
- competency and clinical skill assessments will be completed by our clinical support midwives throughout the year
|Thursday 24th June 2020||5-6pm||Webex meeting (link sent after registration)|
How to apply
Applications open on 1 July 2020 and close on 31 August 2020.
Interviews will be held in September 2020.
Applicants will be required to apply via the Mercy Health careers website along with the supporting documents listed below:
- Letter of application, detailing a clear rationale for applying to MHW or WMH, the Graduate Diploma of Midwifery and your chosen university
- Curriculum Vitae, including two professional referees
- Minimum of one year recent acute clinical nursing experience
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA
- Applied for enrollment in the Graduate Diploma of Midwifery at La Trobe University or Deakin University
Please note that successful applicants are required to provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement
Affiliated education institution
La Trobe University
Clinical Placement Coordinator - Mercy Hospital for Women
03 8458 4941
- Email address: NBlinman@mercy.com.au
Mercy Hospital for Women
Level 2, 163 Studley Road
Heidelberg Victoria 3084
You must apply to both the university of your choice and Mercy Health. Please specify which university you are applying to and send your application via email.
Clinical Placement Coordinator - Werribee Mercy Hospital
Last reviewed April 8, 2018.