Graduate nurses are an integral part of Mercy Health's commitment to developing our future nursing workforce. We welcome graduates to join our team in providing compassionate and responsive care to people in need. Mercy Health offers a 52-week Graduate Nursing and Mental Health Program.
Our Graduate Nursing and Mental Health Program is designed to support graduates making the transition from student to registered nurse within a supportive and welcoming environment.
The program promotes educational opportunities to graduates as they consolidate their theoretical and clinical skills. This is a structured program with a comprehensive orientation, paid professional development days and debriefing sessions, which are supported by the learning team, resource nurses and clinical nurse educators.
Graduates are contracted to work 0.8 (full time equivalent) for 52 weeks commencing in January–February 2020.
The program offers two six-month rotations for Nursing/Mental Health Nursing graduates.
Clinical rotation offered may include:
- inpatient mental health unit
- emergency department
- medical/surgical ward.
How to apply
Applicants must register with the Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria Computer Matching Service and rank Mercy Health in their preferences. For further information visit: pmcv.com.au
Applications will open on 10 June 2019 and will close on 19 July 2019. Applicants will be required to apply via the Mercy Health careers website along with the supporting documents listed below:
- letter of application stating preferred hospital location, areas of clinical interest, preferred rotations, rationale for choice and future career plans
- two page curriculum vitae, relevant experience and clinical rotations
- three referees (at least two need to be clinical referees) including their professional title, place of work and both email and phone contact details
- certified copy of academic transcripts to date (including ‘key to results’)
- two recent and certified acute clinical appraisals
Please note: Successful applicants are required to provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Graduate Program Lead
email to: MHgraduate.recruitment@Mercy.com.au
Last reviewed September 14, 2017.